Laurel Schwulst, Cold Ginger Tea Remedy
I think the recipe i’d like to officially submit is the cold ginger tea remedy. I use it whenever i feel a little bit sick, which hopefully isn’t too often. but usually it helps me ward of sickness. The tea itself is pretty intense. It’s not for everyone, but i’ve found it’s a really nice way to clear your system using everyday ingredients! My friend Mel recommended it to me, which is another reason it’s special. and since i’ve recommended it to many of my friends.
A cold remedy taught by traditional healers to my friend Thaicia. It’s filled with great ingredients with healing properties for those who don’t want to use Western medicines to relieve a cold.
2 servings, 1 cup each
- 2 inches of ginger, sliced thinly (transverse/diagonal slices)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon or 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3-6 garlic cloves, sliced thinly transverse/diagonal slices
- 2 cups water
- 2 lemons, juiced (juice of 1 lemon per serving)
- 2 heaping tbsp of raw honey (1 tbsp per serving)
- Optional: 1 scant tsp propolis (if you use propolis, make sure you wash your utensils and cups immediately because it can stain)
- In a kettle or a covered pot, boil ginger, cinnamon (or cinnamon sticks), and sliced garlic for about 15 minutes.
- In the cups, stir together the lemon juice and raw honey until the honey has dissolved.
- Pour 1 cup of the boiled ginger and garlic (don’t eat the ginger/garlic stuff unless you reaaaally want to get better) into the two cups full of lemon and honey.
- If you are using propolis add a scant 1/2 tsp to each cup and stir quickly. Drink immediately and wash the cup as soon as possible because the propolis will stain the cup.
- Drink both servings if you’re really sick. Rest well, keep hydrated and stay warm, and you’ll get better in no time =)